It’s an app that helps you discover the best route to where you’re going. Stuck in traffic, road closures, bad weather? Tap the app and get moving.
The latest version for iPhone, iPad and iPod includes traffic alerts, arrival time estimates for multiple routes, and arrival time messaging, so that your colleagues, friends, or families know what time to expect you.
A few key features of INRIX® Traffic 4 for iOS.
- Saved “home” and “work” locations to show you the fastest, most efficient routes in between—no matter the time of day.
- Real-time police, construction, accident, and event alerts up to three miles away, even in background mode.
- Live access to INRIX cameras to see the cause of traffic snags (premium version only).
- Easy-to-see color coding to indicate traffic speed on selected and alternate routes.
- Easier incident reporting for police activity, accidents, and incorrect traffic data.
- “Follow me” feature that keeps track of your whereabouts and alerts you to upcoming incidents on your route.
INRIX® Traffic even sends estimated arrival time text messages to anyone in your address book.
INRIX’s predictive technology allows users to access this information not just for immediate departures, but up to 8 hours in advance, so you can know at the beginning of your workday what route will get you around stadium traffic, road work, or even just rush hour. Check out how it works…
The basic version of INRIX Traffic 4 is free and the premium version is $24.99, which includes traffic camera information and allows you to add more than two common destination points.
The app is available for all smartphone platforms, including Windows 8 preview. But, the latest updates are currently for iOS only. Updates for other platforms are coming soon.
The INRIX Traffic app was created by INRIX, a company that collects and analyzes data points from nearly 100 million sources.
Would you use an app like this? Leave a comment below.