It’s spring cleaning time. Most likely you will come across a batch of old VHS tapes collecting dust and move them to yet another dusty location. But let’s face it, you are dying to watch them again for a nice stroll down memory lane. Our friends at webvideochefs.com show us how to convert your VHS tapes to a more current format, DVD or digital file.
- VCR (of course) but make sure the heads are clean and that it has RCA outputs.
- A video converter, I use Cannopus ADVC 110
- External Hard Drive-most will do, but VHS tapes can take up a lot of space.
- Connect the RCA cables from the OUT of the VCR to the IN of the video converter
- On the video converter make sure it is engaged and on digital mode (my converter will light up)
- Connect out from the video converter to your Mac via firewire (400 or 800)